These delightfully fruity muffins are the special this week at my cafe. I’ve recently been in the mood to bake with oranges. Last week I attempted to make a Vegan Orange Flaxseed loaf– but it needs tweaking. These Orange Mango Muffins are perfect though. And, for those of you afraid that gluten will kill you from the inside out– don’t worry– they’re made from Rice flour (and not that grainy, as is seems to be the case with a lot of other GF products)
- 1 ¾ cups of Gluten Free Rice Flour
- 1 TBSP of Baking Powder
- ½ tsp of Salt
- ⅔ cups of Sugar
- ½ cup of Soft Butter
- 1 cup of Sour Cream
- 1 Egg
- ¼ cup of Fresh-squeezed Orange Juice
- Zest from 1 Orange.
- 1 cup of Diced Frozen or Fresh Mango
- ¼ tsp of Orange Extract (optional)
- ¼ cup of Fresh O.J.
- 1 cup of Powdered sugar
- 2 tsp of Orange Zest
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- First combine all the ingredients in the dry bowl. Easy.
- Then in the Wet bowl combine the Egg, Sugar, and Butter until smooth.
- Zest the Orange and juice it. Then Add the OJ and its Zest to the wet bowl.
- Finally add the Sour Cream and the extract if you wish.
- Add HALF of the dry bowl to the wet and combine.
- Add the Mango chunks with the second half of the dry bowl.
- Scoop batter into sprayed muffin pan and put in the oven for 20ish minutes or until the top takes on a orange-brown look and test with a toothpick.
- Top with the glaze once cooled for 10 minutes.