These Peanut Butter and Jelly muffins are fantastic if you’re not looking for anything too, too sweet. They don’t have that much added sugar, just half a cup for a batch. And you’ll be adding peanuts and oats in there to give it an extra oomph. But, if you’re anything like me and love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, than this is the muffin for you.
- 1 1/4 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cups of Ready Oats
- 1/2 teaspoon of Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup of Shelled Peanuts
- 1/2 cup of White or Brown Sugar.
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup of Creamy Peanut Butter.
- 1 1/4 cup of Whole Milk.
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- In the wet bowl, first mix the milk and peanut butter until smooth. Add the egg and then finally the sugar.
- Combine the ingredients in the dry bowl, save the nuts for now.
- Add the dry bowl to the wet bowl and mix in the peanuts near the end.
- Bake for 16-19 minutes, or until the tops are golden and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
You may be wondering: where’s the Jelly for the Peanut butter and JELLY muffins? Well in my version, it’s a topping really. If you stop now you have a wonderfully tasty peanut butter oatmeal muffin.
To make the “Jelly”
- 1 cup of White Sugar
- 2 tablespoons of Corn Starch
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup of Diced Fruit of your choice (I like strawberries or blueberries, but feel free to get creative)
- Blend the water and the fruit until the small chunks of fruit are gone.
- Add to a sauce pan with sugar and cornstarch and stir over medium-high heat.
- Let the jelly come to a boil and let it boil for 30 seconds
- Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes before adding to muffins.