These tasty Orange Pineapple Muffins are great in the middle of summer. You don’t have to add too much sugar to the mix to the let the Orange really take center stage. And stay tuned to the bottom of this post to see how you can make VEGAN Orange Pineapple Muffins. You can go a step further and replace the flour with Gluten Free Rice flour, I did and they were delicious.
- ½ cup of Butter
- ¾ cup of granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg
- ¾ cup of Sour Cream
- Half of the Juice from a freshly-squeezed Orange
- ½ teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup of Diced Pineapple (either from a can or fresh)
- Orange Zest from 1 Orange
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine Butter, Sugar, Sour Cream and then the Egg once smooth.
- Zest your orange, then juice it, adding both to the batter. (Save some juice for the glaze)
- Whisk in the Vanilla extract and Diced Pineapple last.
- 2 cups of All-Purpose Flour
- ½ teaspoon of Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon of Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon of Salt
- ½ cup of Walnuts (optional)
- Combine all dry ingredients thoroughly and add to wet bowl.
- Spoon batter evenly into your muffin tin and bake for 18-21 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- 1 cup of Powdered Sugar
- ⅓ cup of Orange Juice
- Whisk together until thick. And pour over the top of your cooled muffins. (I also added toasted coconut– it was tasty af.)
- ½ cup Butter for ½ cup Smart Balance margarine
- ¾ cup Sour Cream for ¾ cup Coconut Milk & 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Egg for 1 Vegan Egg [ 2 TBSP Flour + ½ tsp Vegetable Oil + ½ tsp Baking Powder + 2 TBSP Coconut Milk ]