Back at it again with more lemons and more (not cheese) cheesecakes. It’s lit.
- 9 Graham Crackers
- 4 TBSP of Smart Balance vegan butter (melted)
- ¼ cup of sugar
- Pinch of cinnamon for the adventurous.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place your graham crackers in a ziploc bag and massage them into dust. Continue abusing them until they reach a uniform fine crumb texture.
- Add the pulverised crumbs to a mixing bowl with the melted butter (and sugar & cinnamon if you wish) and mix until you achieve a crumbly texture. It should ball up when whisked.
- Spread uniformly in the springform pan, pressing down on the bottom and pinching up on the sides ½ to a full inch.
- 2 8oz containers of Tofutti cream cheese.
- 1 cup of Ginger Simple Syrup (recipe here)
- 4 tsp of lemon juice
- ¼ tsp of salt
- 1 TBSP of extra firm tofu
- In a mixing bowl, food processor, or blender, mix the cream cheese and lavender simple syrup until it’s soft.
- If in a blender or food processor, incorporate the rest of the ingredients on low. (I’M DEAD FUCKING SERIOUS ABOUT THE LOW PART) If in a mixing bowl add the lemon juice and salt, on low, crush the tofu and add it last making sure that it’s completely incorporated.
- Pour the filling into the crust and bake for 45-50 minutes. The cake should be slightly jiggly when pulled from the oven.
- Allow the cheesecake to cool at room temperature, then refrigerate for 4 hours.
Topping: (Btw this is the really sexy part, so, y’know, brace yourself)
- 2 Lemons
- 3 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1 cup of sugar
- ¾ cup of sugar
- Combine sugar and water in saucepan over medium and whisk to dissolve all sugar.
- Add lemon juice and wait for mixture to simmer.
- Cut your lemons into thin slices and place in the pan for 10-15 minutes, flipping over halfway.
- Pull lemon slices when translucent and let dry momentarily. Garnish on cheesecake and place it into the fridge to rest.