- 9 Graham Crackers
- 4 TBSP of Smart Balance vegan butter (melted)
- ¼ cup of sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Just do it.
- Place your graham crackers in a ziploc bag and beat the hell out of them for what they did. Continue abusing them until they reach a uniform fine crumb texture.
- Add the pulverised crumbs to a mixing bowl with the melted butter (and sugar if you wish) and mix until you achieve a crumbly texture. It should ball up when whisked.
- Spread uniformly in the springform pan, pressing down on the bottom and pinching up on the sides ½ to a full inch.
- 2 8oz containers of Tofutti cream cheese.
- 1 cup of Lavender Simple Syrup (recipe here)
- 4 tsp of lemon juice
- ¼ tsp of salt
- 1 TBSP of extra firm tofu
- In a mixing bowl, food processor, or blender, mix the cream cheese and lavender simple syrup until it’s soft.
- If in a blender or food processor, incorporate the rest of the ingredients on low. If in a mixing bowl add the lemon juice and salt, on low, crush the tofu and add it last making sure that it’s completely incorporated.
- Pour the filling into the crust and bake for 45-50 minutes. The cake should be slightly jiggly when pulled from the oven.
- Allow the cheesecake to cool at room temperature, then refrigerate for 4 hours.
- ½ cup lavender simple syrup
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ½ TBSP of cornstarch
- Mix all ingredients together in a saucepan on medium heat until the mixture boils. Let boil for 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Pour atop the cheesecake after it has been pulled from the oven, but before refrigeration.
- Garnish with lemon zest before serving.