- Two (2) cups of flour
- Two to Three (2-3) TBSP of chia seeds
- One (1) tsp of baking powder
- One quarter (¼) tsp of baking soda
- One half (½) tsp of salt
- One half (½) cup of softened butter, or One half (½) cup of canola oil
- One (1) cup of sugar
- Two (2) eggs, or One half (½) cup of applesauce mixed with One (1) tsp of baking powder.
- Zest from One (1) lemon
- One (1) tsp of vanilla extract
- One (1) cup of greek yogurt or One (1) cup of coconut cream
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Combine the wet ingredients in a bowl, adding the eggs last mixing them in one at a time. Mix until smooth.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Then add into the wet bowl. Use a rubber spatula to scrape the bottom of the bowl to fully incorporate the dry ingredients.
- Fill your lightly-greased muffin pan ¾ the way full and bake for 18-22 minutes. While in the oven you can whip together an optional glaze to top the muffins. When out of the oven top with glaze and zest and cool.
- Juice from your zested lemon.
- ½ cup of powdered sugar.