Ahoy-hoy. Back with another recipe. I made this recently at work and it seemed to be well-received so I’ll share it. (It’s not an original recipe–I’m not that smart. But, I did add a few personal touches.)
Mango & Lime Muffins
- 1 Egg
- ⅓ cup of Sugar
- 1 TBSP of Lime Zest
- 1 cup Milk or Nondairy Milk substitute
- ¼ cup of Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup of Mango cut in chunks
- 2 cups of Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp of Salt
- ½ cup of Powdered Sugar
- 2 tsp of Lime Juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the sugar, milk, and oil until the smooth. Mix in the egg.
- Zest the lime, and add 1 teaspoon into the wet bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add half of the dry bowl into the wet with the mango chunks. When smooth, add the second half.
- Lightly grease muffin tin and distribute the mixture evenly. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- While the muffins are in the oven, whisk the powdered sugar and lime juice into a glaze.
- After the muffins have a chance to cool down. Drizzle glaze on top and garnish with the rest of the lime zest.