Chocolate Espresso Muffins.
What you’ll need.
- One (1) cup of all-purpose flour
- Two and a half (2 ½) tablespoons of espresso powder
- Four (4) tablespoons of cocoa powder
- One (1) teaspoon of baking powder
- One quarter (¼) teaspoons of baking soda
- One quarter (¼) teaspoons of salt
- One half (½) cup of white sugar
- One (1) egg
- Three (3) tablespoons of vegetable oil
- One half (½) tablespoons of vanilla extract
- One half (½) cup of sour cream
- One half (½) of 2% milk
- Optional: One (1) cup of semi sweet chocolate chips.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease your muffin tin.
- Combine sugar, oil, milk and sour cream in a bowl until smooth and the oil no longer sits on top of the milk.
- Add in the vanilla extract and the egg and mix in thoroughly.
- Sprinkle in baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, espresso powder and the cocoa powder.
- Stir in the flour mixture into the first bowl and beat until smooth. Use a rubber spatula to scrape the bottom of the bowl leaving no pockets of dry flour. If you are using chocolate chips fold them into the mixture now.
- Spoon the mixture into your greased muffin tin and bake for 17 to 19 minutes, or until a toothpick stuck into the middle of the muffin comes out clean.
P.S. I realize that pictures of the goodies would be appetizing to add to the posts but I never seem to remember to take a picture when I make them at work (II and this one I should say. I’ve never made the butter at work.)